Using the MySQL Connector, data collected via Miracle Mobile App can be submitted securely to an enterprise’s MySQL databases. If you wish to connect to the database and view its data, simply follow the steps detailed below.
Step 1) Download SQLyog
SQLyog is a graphical database management tool which you can use to view and manage the data in your MySQL databases. To download this software:
- Direct your browser to https://www.webyog.com/.
- Click on the 'Try Now' button under SQLyog.
- Click on the ‘Download free trial’ button.
- A popup will appear. Provide your email address, then press the ‘Get download links’ button.
- An email will be sent to you with a download link. Click on that link to download the installation file.
Step 2) Install SQLyog
Once the installation file has been downloaded successfully, double click it to initiate the installation process. The process is quite straightforward; simply click 'Next' on all screens until you see the 'Install' button. Finally, click on 'Finish'.
Step 3) Run SQLyog and Connect to the MySQL Instance on AWS
To be able to view the data submitted to your MySQL database, you need to connect to the MySQL instance on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- When running SQLyog for the first time, click on the 'Try' button in the Trial popup..
- On the File toolbar, press “New Connection”. Alternatively, press on the icon. The following popup will appear.
- Click on the 'New' button, then type a name for the connection.
- Provide the following details of your connection:
- Host Address, which is the IP Address of the server where the database is residing
- Username, which is the username used for connecting to the database's server
- Password, which is the password associated with the username to authenticate access to the server
If your database is hosted on Amazon AWS, the above-mentioned particulars will be provided to you by MiracleTek. If the database is hosted on-premises, your enterprise's IT will provide them instead. If you don't have this information at all, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Press the 'Connect' button.
Step 4) Start Browsing Data
Once a connection has been correctly configured, you can begin viewing tables and browsing through data.
The tables included in the database are displayed on the left. To view the contents of a table, simply right click on it then select 'Open table'.