In this article, you will discover how you can configure a page or form to be accessible by a certain user group.
Step 1 - Access the Permissions Section of the Page/Form
To change the access permissions of a page or form, follow these steps:
- From Miracle Studio, click on Pages & Forms from the left sidebar.
- Click on the Edit button associated with the page. Alternatively, you can click on the page's name.
Upon clicking the page/form's settings, click on the Advanced button at the bottom right corner.
- Scroll a little to get to the Permissions section shown below.
Step 2 - Set the Visibility of the Page/Form
From the Permissions section, define who can see a form or page using the steps below:
- First, select 'Only following users have the permission to view this page'.
- Under 'Users for whom this condition gets true', type a condition in the form of an expression to define who can view this page or form. For instance, if you wish for the category to be shown to a user whose display name is Matt Reeves, you can use the expression Login.DisplayName = "Matt Reeves".
- Alternatively, you can add user roles in the text box under 'Users who belong to any of these roles'. For that, you need to configure the User Management Connector and define user roles accordingly.
- Click 'Save' if you don't wish to define who can actually fill or edit the form. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
Step 3 - Define Who Interacts with the Page/Form
With this step, you can determine which users can fill your form. Users who aren't defined in this step will still be able to see this page, but they won't be able to make any changes. Here's how you can configure this accordingly.
- Click on the checkbox next to 'Only following users have the permission to interact with this page'.
- In the textbox below 'Users for whom this condition gets true', type an expression.
- Alternatively, add user roles in the text box under 'Users who belong to any of these roles'.
- Click 'Save'.