Miracle Mobile Forms allows form designers to control a user's experience by setting permissions on three components: categories, pages, and controls. For all three, you can set restrictions on their visibility as well as users' ability to interact/edit their contents.
In this article, you will learn how you can configure the permissions on a control.
Step 1 - Get Access to the Control
In order to set the permissions on a control, you need to first carry out these steps.
- From Miracle Studio, click on Pages & Forms from the left sidebar.
- Click on the form which contains the control. This will open the form in the Page Designer.
- Click on the control you wish to configure. Its properties will be shown on the bottom part of the right sidebar.
Step 2 - Set the Visibility of the Control
With this step, you can make a control visible to a certain user group. Here's how:
- Click on the Permissions tab in the right sidebar. The following will appear.
- First, select 'Only following users have the permission to view this control'.
- Under 'Users for whom this condition gets true', type a condition in the form of an expression to define who can view this control. For instance, if you wish for the control to be shown to a user whose display name is Matt Reeves, you can use the expression Login.DisplayName = "Matt Reeves".
- Alternatively, you can add user roles in the text box under 'Users who belong to any of these roles'. First, however, you'll need to configure the User Management Connector and define user roles accordingly.
- Click 'Save' if you don't wish to define who can interact with the control. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
Step 3 - Determine Who Interacts with the Control
In addition to the visibility of a control, you can define who can interact with and fill values in it. To configure this, follow these steps.
- Click on the checkbox next to 'Only following users have the permission to interact with this control'.
- In the textbox below 'Users for whom this condition gets true', type an expression.
- Alternatively, add user roles in the text box under 'Users who belong to any of these roles'.
- Click 'Save'.
Need more help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.