Categories in Miracle Mobile App provide you with a helpful way to group related pages or forms together. They can be used to quickly inform users what the forms inside are about and whether they need to download them onto their devices.
In this article, you will learn how to create a category.
Step 1 - Make Sure You Have the Right App
Select the app you wish to add a category to by clicking on the red arrow below the +NEW MOBILE APP button.
Step 2 - Click on Categories
On the left sidebar, click on Categories. Next, click on the + Create New Category button on the top right corner.
Step 3 - Enter Your Category's Particulars
Enter the following details in the screen shown below:
- Category Name: Type a meaningful name for the category you're creating.
- Icon: Include an icon for you category. Tap on the Media Gallery button and either select an icon from Miracle Studio's collection, or add your own by clicking the Add Asset(s) button on the bottom right corner.
- Order: Type a number to indicate the order of the icon. For instance, typing '1' will display this category first on the Landing Page.
- Active: By default, the Active option will be selected. This means that the category will show on your Landing Page. If you don't wish to show the category, you can deselect this box.
Step 4 - Define Permissions for Your Category
From the Permissions section, determine who can view and/or interact with the category. For a better understanding of this feature, click here.
To define who can view the category, follow these steps:
- First, select 'Only following users have the permission to view this category'.
- Under 'Users for whom this condition gets true', type a condition in the form of an expression to define who can view this category.
- If you don't wish to use an expression and have the User Management Connector configured, you can simply add user roles in the text box under 'Users who belong to any of these roles'.
- Click 'Save' if you don't wish to define who can use the forms in this category. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
You can also define who can interact with your categories and edit the forms in them with the following steps.
- Click on the checkbox next to 'Only following users have the permission to interact with this category '.
- In the textbox below 'Users for whom this condition gets true', type an expression.
- Alternatively, add user roles in the text box under 'Users who belong to any of these roles'.
- Click 'Save'.
Step 5 - Add Forms to the Category
Under Linked Pages, you can add the form(s) your category will include. This step is detailed here, but here is a quick overview of what you should do.
- Click on the +Add button.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select a form. If you wish for the category to open directly to this form, click on the Landing Page option.
- If you wish to add more forms, click on the +Add button and select additional forms. Make sure the 'No Landing Page' option is selected at the top.
Step 6 - Click Save
Create your new category by saving the details you just entered.